Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend of Bliss...

Ok first off let me tell everyone something...I KNOW MY SPELLING SUCKS! It's not that I don't know how to spell, I just sometimes don't go back and read everything to correct. It's what I call quick typing. Besides, you all know what I am saying so no big right? My wife pointed out in my last Blog that I mis-spelled a word a few times..so here is the correct spelling on that word- Restaurant. So there I spelled it right and I will make more of an effort to check my spelling.

This past weekend was Conference and it was perfectly relaxing. Everything the Prophet and Apostles said was great and always is. I enjoyed Preisthood session on Saturday night and was really taken back Elder Scott's message. His so called "PPI" was something I think every man should take to heart and be able to answer correctly on. I don't know why his talk stuck out so much that night, but it just did and that got me to thinking...am I a bad husband? The answer to that is no (in my mind) however Minna may say otherwise when I don't do things like take out the trash when she asks. ha! jk, but really his talk was something I hope will be a message the church will stress upon when we have a lesson from the ensign. I think it is of great importance to let our wives know how much we honor, love and support them.

Minna and I pretty much slept through parts of the afternoon Saturday session. It was later that night that I made a major mistake. After Preisthood my Grandpa decided to take us to Dinner at the IHOP where I enjoyed my favorite kind of Pancakes...Pumpkin! So friggn delicious! I made the mistake of ordering a coke. They only had Pepsi and I settled. Well, I forget that I am 31 going on 32 this month and the older I get the more affects caffine has on my body after 9pm. I was up all night from Saturday to Sunday morning. Which is fine because I decided instead of tossing and turning in bed trying to sleep I might as well play Xbox. It worked, after a while I found my self falling to sleep while playing online agianst someone else. I woke up to seeing my statistics having decreased majorly because I slept and he proceeded to beat the crap out of my guy on the game we where playing. Im sure he thinks he is amazing now. Anyway, I finally fell to sleep and woke up in time to catch the last 3 talks of the Sundy morning session.

We also threw a BBQ on Friday night with all of Minna's friends and husbands. We where so happy everyone was able to show up. I apologize still if the food wasn't as cooked as well as I hoped...but when you have a freaking GREASE FIRE starting in your BBQ Grill the best thing to do was evacuate all meat products off that thing ASAP. Anyway, it was a blast and thanks for everyone who came. I want to give a special thanks the people on my Team...WE RULE!

So a weekend of family, fun, much needed rest and solitude....I can't complain!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ya. We kicked Minna's butt. Not really. Only by like 4 points (2 of which Minna thinks she didn't get) I thought that we had really only bet 5 points on the last question. So I thought we lost! Oh well.

The BBQ was fun. We need to do stuff together more often. I am sorry we had to leave early. I had to wake up at 4:50 the next morning for work!

I missed conference, but TiVo'ed it so I can enjoy it this week.

Stacie said...

The BBQ was really fun! It was awesome to see everyone there. I agree with Lisa that we need to do it more often. By the way...my braut was cooked just fine. ;)